March was Women’s History Month. As part of APSEA’s continuing mission to advocate for equal employment opportunities, we invited all of our APSEA members, including their children and their grandchildren, to join us in celebrating Women’s History Month by participating in a creative essay contest.
For this contest, we had separate pools – and topics – for entrants of different ages. Provided below are the pools in which received essays and the winning essays.:
- Pool #1 – Children of APSEA Members in 5th Grade and below
- Topic: Tell us about a woman in your life who inspires you and why.
- Winning Essay: Ella Kurahara
- Pool #2 – Children of APSEA Members in 6th through 8th Grade
- Topic: What are the qualities of a strong female role model? Is there anyone that embodies all of those qualities? Why do you think they inspire others and/or you? (past or present, does not have to be someone you know)
- Winning Essay: Timothy Liu
Thank you for submissions and congratulations Ella and Timothy!