Asian Pacific American Community Newspaper Serving Sacramento and Yolo Counties
- Summer/June 2018 Edition
- Winter February 2018 Edition
- Fall/October 2017 Edition
- Summer/June 2017 Edition
- Winter/January 2017 Edition
- Fall October 2016 Edition
- Summer July 2016 Edition
- Winter/January 2016 Edition
- Fall/September 2015 Edition
- Winter/January 2015 Edition
- Fall/September 2014 Edition
- Summer/May2014 Edition
- Winter/January 2014 Edition
- Fall/October 2013 Edition
- Summer/May 2013 Edition
- Winter/January 2013 Edition
- Jobs within the State of California , please visit State Personnel Board website at www.spb.ca.gov. or go to to direct link: http://jobs.ca.gov
- Jobs within the federal level, please visit the USAJOBS website at www.usajobs.gov.
With the change over of the State of California Administration, there are appointment opportunities with the new administration. If you’re interested in a specific position or several positions, go to gov.ca.gov and click on “Appointments” for more information.
To receive APSEA’s endorsement and support during the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Go to the Statewide Sacramento Chapter Tab to locate information from the Understanding the Appointment Process Training held on January 15, 2011.
APSEA Branded Cal-IPGCA Playbooks
Training Resources and Webinars – California Department of Human Resources (CalHR)
- CalHR offers free and low cost training to the State workforce. Here is a link to the CalHR Training Calendar and Training Catalog.
- APSEA has selected the below resources for members to review and encourage members to let APSEA know what other types of training resources are desired.
Mobility in State Service
Training for Analyst/Clerical State Employees
- Analyst Virtual Help Desk
- Completed Staff Work: An Overview
- Facilitating Effecting Meetings
- Fundamental Analytical Skills
- How to Analyze a Bill and Write a Strong Bill Analysis
- Legislative Process
- Nonverbal Communication: The Unspoken Message
- The Role of Professionalism in Advancing in State Service
- Service Excellence! Letting Customers Know They Are Important
- Time Management
- Telephone Terrific!
- Five Steps of Effective Writing: Do you have the POWER?
Training for Supervisors/Managers/Executives
- Guide on Preparing to Become a First-Level State Supervisor
- Behavioral Interview Guides
- Performance Management Guide
- Developing Individual Development Plans
- Performance Management 101: Helping Leaders Excel
- Supervisor’s Guide to Addressing Poor Performance
- Virtual Help Desk for Supervisors and Managers
- California Model Employer Initiative Training
- Achieving Organizational Excellence Through Diversity and Inclusion
- EAP Training an Consulting Catalog
- Free Training Resources
- Leadership Skills Development Guides
- Basics of Writing a Strong Statement of Qualification (SOQ)
- Introduction to Labor Relations for State Supervisors and Managers
- Executive Perspectives – conversations with leaders in public service
Strategic Planning for State Government
If your department has a contract with Microsoft, you might have access to free e-learning. See below for a list of free e-learning available. Please work with your Microsoft Contract administrator (either IT or Contracts unit) to obtain your department or agency access codes.Product training for: